The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
Independent churches cover a huge breadth of different types of churches and organisations, as well as umbrella groups. As part of our expertise in faith sector matters we have advised independent churches on a range of legal matters, including property and constitutional matters.
As well as being able to advise on the commercial and negotiation aspects of legal matters, we understand and are daily involved in the technical legal requirements and other regulatory restrictions that apply.
Being immersed in such work enables us to recognise and empathise with what matters to independent churches. We have first-hand knowledge of the operation of independent churches and would be eager to know how we can help!
Issues we regularly advise on:
- Constitutional and Governance issues & trustee responsibilities
- Charitable Status and public benefit
- Charity Commission investigations
- Trustee responsibilities
- Discrimination and Equality issues
- Employment and HR matters
- Education advice for Faith schools (state and independent)
- Safeguarding of children and vulnerable individuals / adults
- Legacies matters and & fundraising
- Data protection issues and intellectual property
- International Matters
- Health & Safety and Regulatory advice
- Property acquisition, management & disposal/leasing/management
- Construction and Development
- Commercial and Financial matters
- Canon and Ecclesiastical laws
- Transferring missions to lay management
- Dispute resolution matters
- Care provision
- Immigration advice and support