In the event of divorce or separation, we believe the needs of children must always come first. Matters involving where the children live require great sensitivity. Stone King’s family lawyers are able to provide the necessary support and expertise in this area.
We believe that the most important factor for a child’s future wellbeing in such situations is to be protected from conflict between the parents. Emotions often run high and parents can find it hard to set aside their own interests and this can lead to confusion over what is in the child’s interests. That is where we can help.
Few other UK divorce solicitors can match the depth of offering provided by Stone King in this area of law. Our team of eight family lawyers includes practising mediators, accredited Resolution and collaboration specialists and children panel members.
We are able to help with the following:
- arrangements as to where your children are to live (ie residence or shared residence arrangements, sometimes known as child custody)
- the level of time you have with your child if your child does not live with you (sometimes known as visitation or access rights)
- applications for Court orders, to include Child Arrangement Orders, specific issue and prohibited steps orders
- parental responsibility
- removal from the jurisdiction (where one parent wishes to relocate abroad)
- internal relocation (where one parent wishes to move to another area of the country)
Our focus is on finding solutions through discussion and negotiation but, where a more formal approach is required, we are able to guide and assist through Court proceedings whilst keeping the needs of the child in the forefront of everyone’s mind.
For more information, see:
Get in touch
Please contact Caroline Fell or call Caroline or one of the team free on 0800 1114336 for a no-obligation discussion of your circumstances.