There is no point in building up assets during a marriage to protect the family, only to waste them because your relationship has broken down. If you are considering finances on divorce or separation, it is inevitable that you will have to make a decision over who gets what financially. Our expert and diverse group of divorce and family law solicitors are well practised in helping you find solutions that protect your wealth.
Expertise in asset protection
We have extensive experience of managing financial resolution on divorce, whether through mediation, negotiation, litigation or collaboration. What’s more, we can bring in lawyers from across the firm, together with external advisors who can make the difference, particularly in specific and complex areas such as pensions, trusts, valuations and an alternative approach to business assets.
Our services include:
- resolving financial issues on divorce
- safeguarding your investments, such as shares, savings and pensions
- establishing a trust fund for your family
- advice regarding ongoing financial support, to include Child Maintenance Service (CMS) payments and spousal maintenance
- provision for school fees
- creating a financial support strategy for your former partner
- protecting a family business or farm
- preventing someone from making a claim on your estate
- preparing a will
- drafting prenuptial, postnuptial and cohabitation agreements