Enthusiasm, plus expertise and experience - Charity Training from Stone King
We have developed our training programme to equip charity trustees and members of senior management teams with the knowledge you need to carry out your roles effectively. As well as our Charity Essentials programme covering key Charity Commission guidance and the underlying charity law duties, we have introduced a five-part programme of webinars on topical issues. The aim with all of our sessions is to guide you to implement best practice and to prevent problems, as well as helping you deal with them should they arise, and also to recognise when further advice is needed.
You may attend as many of the sessions as you wish. All sessions provide the opportunity for you to put your questions to expert advisors. If you have any queries please get in touch with our Events Team.
Charity Essentials: The Essential Trustee and Governance in Practice
These sessions are built around the Charity Commission’s core guidance, including “The Essential Trustee”, “Conflicts of Interest: a Guide for Charity Trustees”, and the Charity Governance Code endorsed by the Commission, as well as guidance issued during the coronavirus pandemic. This training will improve your understanding of the way in which the Charity Commission operates by exploring its strategy and approach in areas such as facilitating charities’ work during the coronavirus pandemic and serious incident reporting. The session will look at case studies to examine best practice governance in practical settings. Topics include:
- key duties and liabilities of charity trustees
- financial governance and resilience in the current climate
- meetings and decision making in a virtual space
- the Charity Commission’s approach to regulation during the coronavirus pandemic
- recognising and reporting serious incidents
The topics in the current programme are:
- Managing Change: Restructure, Redundancy and Employee Support
- Immigration: Considerations when employing non British nationals
- Land and Buildings: Charity Trustee Duties (and Opportunities)
- Working with non-charities: Regulation and Intellectual Property
- Safeguarding – a governance perspective
All sessions provide the opportunity for you to put your questions to expert advisors. Please let us know if there are any other areas of interest or specific concern you would like the team to address in future training sessions – we will do our best to build it into our programme.
"As a long-standing trustee, I found it a very helpful and useful seminar for ongoing training."
"Really excellent, level of details spot on for trustees. Leaders very knowledgeable."
- Attendee feedback 2020