Our firm is referred work by the Freight Transport Association (FTA) and the Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT). Our advocates frequently appear at Public Inquiries in front of the Traffic Commissioners and are familiar with the way they like cases presented. This is obviously of assistance to clients.
As specialist legal advisors to the transport industry, we have wide-ranging experience in transport law with dealing with operators with both small and large fleets. If you instruct us we will establish with you precisely what you hope to achieve, and give you a good idea of what you can expect to happen at the hearing.
We can advise you by reference to the particular case in which you are involved, or more generally to ensure that your compliance systems and policies are sufficiently robust to avoid going to court or Public Inquiry in the first place.
We also have expert employment law and HR knowledge within the team and this can assist clients who need to deal with staff issues to resolve compliance matters.
We will work closely with your directors and transport manager to make sure your company is safe and effective.
Our transport law services
With expertise on all aspects of transport law, our advice includes:
- tachograph and drivers’ hours regulation
- civil and criminal liabilities
- safe carriage of passengers
- public inquiries and appeals to the Transport Tribunal
- handling road traffic incidents, including Magistrates’ Court defence
- dealing with trade bodies including the CPT , FTA and RHA, and also with VOSA
- Traffic Regulation Conditions and Traffic Regulation Orders
- Bus Service Operators Grant
- HR and employment issues with logistics staff
Get in touch