The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
Stone King has a wealth of knowledge and many years of experience advising education institutions on a wide range of safeguarding matters.
Our Safeguarding Team provides clients with timely and co-ordinated advice, delivered by a team of specialists. We understand the sensitivities and risks associated with a safeguarding crisis; offer the legal and practical expertise to provide prompt and pragmatic advice; and have a deep understanding of safeguarding issues affecting the education sector.
We recognise that safeguarding impacts a range of practice areas, and therefore our Team includes specialist lawyers from a range of disciplines, including:
- Employment & HR
- Information Law (including Data Protection)
- Regulatory (including Health and Safety)
- Dispute Resolution
- How we can help
A key strength of our Safeguarding Team is the breadth and depth of the team’s expertise. We can provide support and advice on a diverse range of matters including:
- Responding to an immediate safeguarding crisis including comms planning
- Peer-on-peer abuse
- Assisting where there is an ongoing criminal process
- Handling allegations against staff
- Responding to historic allegations of abuse
- Safer Recruitment and issues relating to eligibility for DBS checks
- Prevent duty
- Reporting obligations including Serious Incident Reporting
- Referrals to the DBS/TRA
- Liaising with multi-agency bodies
- Drafting safeguarding policies for schools and charities
- Bespoke safeguarding training for schools and charities
- Protecting beneficiaries’ interests
- DBS compliance requirements and compliance visits for Registered Bodies
- Safeguarding and charity volunteers
- Good governance for charities in relation to safeguarding
- Risk management and assessment process for charities working closely with children and adults at risk, or those whose work brings them into contact with vulnerable groups
- Charities working overseas
- Creating a safeguarding culture within your charity or organisation
We also recognise the importance of drawing on expertise from external experts, such as in PR, and have close working relations with trusted professionals who are able to provide tailored advice and support to our clients.
Whilst live events are currently on hold, specialist partners Michael Brotherton and Helen Tucker have recently delivered a safeguarding webinar relating to Covid-19 in the school context.
- Key Contacts
The Safeguarding Team is jointly led by Helen Tucker and Jean Boyle, who are supported by safeguarding specialists.
If you would like to discuss how we can support your organisation or have a safeguarding query, please contact Helen or Jean.
For more infomation watch our Everyone's Invited - Considerations for schools - 21.04.2021 webinar or download the presentation slides here